Stress management is a major component to good health and to health restoration. The body is designed to
deal with short term stress, but chronic stress brings a multitude of physiological challenges.
How Stress Is Destructive to the Body Systems
Sympathetic Nervous System-Dysregulation prohibits the rest,
digest and heal phase of the Parasympathetic Nervous
Stress causes Inflammation in these areas:
Brain & Nervous system
Limbic system (emotional stress)
How To Reduce Stress
Personally choose to directly diminish stress:
- Become better acquainted with yourself: your habits, thoughts, emotional patterns.
- Make some decisions about your life-style.
- Pre-determine how you will respond to stress “triggers”.
- Learn about & build your emotional resilience.
- Choose relaxation avenues that work for you: prayer, medication, music, affirmations of faith, confidence.
Nutrition: Whole-food nutritional supplements can help restore normal sleep patterns, diminish inflammation, re-balance endocrine weaknesses, support with minerals and Omega 3 oils. Avoid inflammatory foods (white sugar, white flour, simple carbs).
- Establish normal, regular sleep patterns, dietary choices, regular exercise.
- Learn to say “no” when you are over-committed.
- Choose to change your perspective.
- Pray to extend forgiveness.
Physiological Relaxation Techniques:
Therapeutic Massage & Nutritional Center does NOT diagnose or prescribe.